The only question that goes through my head day after day... SHOULD I GO??
Apparently, like I said, most people wants me to go! Only this H-guy keeps pouring cold water on me, in a way he tells me of the reality....
His arguement is that Civil eng have little future in SG. Why? The best answer.. no more land to develop...
But then again, I have my own reason to be so deep in this dilema. For me, SG could be a gateway for me to go out to the world! I know this sounds naive, but tat's what I think. I feel that if I continue to stay in MY, it'll be hard for me to get such a chance any more. Besides, NUS corresponses with a lot of Universities all over the world! That's the thing I'm looking for!
So........... ?????? ??????? ?????????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey please la, I'm lame but doens't mean that the water I pour on you is cold!!
I'm telling you the truth you know. I still will tell you the truth even if you get into medicine in NUS. If you get into MIT for social studies, it will be preferable for you to take up bioengineering in UM as it affects your life forever.
Think about it, what kind of job does civil engineers do? In Singapore, you'll probably end up as site maintenance and stuff like that. Don’t expect to get projects without your full commitment and your grades. If you want to explore the world, you can still apply through keppel for overseas project. Land is not really a factor because as a civil engineer, you can develop underground as well. The thing is, are you sure that they will offer you the job you want?
If you want to get out of the world, MUST you go NUS to take the course that you dislike? Will you take social science in MIT that doesn't promise a future for you, to get out of malaysia? There are still many ways to get out of Malaysia. You must understand that once you go to Singapore, it will be hell 7 years at least and you’ll need to work as a civil engineer for at least 3 years in Singapore. It will be alright if you think about it long term but definitely not for short term. You’ll need to look at the prospect at least 10 years in advance.
It will never be hard for you if you have the determination. You wanna get stucked on the island is it? =p
For engineering, NUS only corresponded with a Georgia tech and melbourne university (if i'm not mistaken). You can apply for overseas programme but that’s only for one semester. And you cannot S/U your modules.
Ok I haven talked bad about Malaysia, but that will take far much longer than this.
You just decide for yourself. But I think you should go for the course that you like, coz you’ll spend your whole life on it. These are just my opinions.
you sure have some lllllloooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggg opinion.........
Post a Comment